Pittsburgh Impound Auto Auction
ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
PREVIEW: Tuesday, December 27th, 9:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
ONLINE AUCTION begins Wednesday, December 28th beginning at 10:00 A.M.
What: Public online auction of vehicles that have been impounded or gone unclaimed
When: Auction is held the last Wednesday of every month beginning at 10:00 A.M.
Where: 700 HARGROVE STREET, PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA 15226 (McGann and Chester Facility)
This is an Online auction. Pre-bidding will be available until 9 a.m. the morning of the auction. The Live auction will begin at 10 a.m. At that time, online bidders will be able to enter the live simulcast auction to watch, listen, and bid in real time (in order to enter the live auction, you must first sign in, register and agree to the terms and conditions) Pre-bids will be implemented during the live auction.
Please read and familiarize yourself with the terms of this auction prior to bidding. There are special buyer fees, removal and payment conditions, as well as important title and registration information.
Please contact McGann and Chester immediately following the auction to make arrangements for removal and payment: 412-381-9400 - https://mcgannandchester.com/auction
List is subject to change.
Lic #AY 002064
To all past, present and future auction participants:
We are writing today to inform you about recent adjustments to our auction buyer fees. Effective November 1, 2021, we will be increasing the price of our fees according to the following chart:
VEHICLE SALE PRICE
VEHICLE SALE PRICE
$0 – 99.99
$1,200 – 1,399.99
$100 – 199.99
$1,400 – 1,599.99
$200 – 299.99
$1,600 – 1,799.99
$300 – 399.99
$1,800 – 1,999.99
$400 – 499.99
$2,000 – 2,499.99
$500 – 599.99
$2,500 – 2,999.99
$600 – 699.99
$3,000 – 4,999.99
$700 – 799.99
$5,000 – 7,499.99
$800 – 899.99
$7,500 – 9,999.99
$900 – 999.99
$10,000 – 14,999.99
$1,000 – 1,199.99
$15,000 – UP
In addition, we have instituted a $25.00 fee for our assistance in loading a vehicle onto a trailer, flatbed, or other equipment used to haul a vehicle from our auction.
We appreciate that any rise in fees is not ideal. Yet, you know that operating overhead often surges over time, most recently in our costs for equipment, fuel, personnel, court proceedings, and the general expenses of running an auction. Therefore, these adjustments were necessary to maintain the same premium quality of auction services to which our customers are accustomed.
As most of you are aware, our company and our auction customers have enjoyed great successes working together, and we truly appreciate your business. For your convenience, we wanted to inform you of these adjustments as soon as possible. Despite these changes, our fees remain competitive in the vehicle auction business, and ensure the best possible auction experience for our customers.
We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
McGann & Chester, LLC
PITTSBURGH VEHICLE IMPOUND FACILITY PUBLIC AUCTION
McGANN & CHESTER, LLC and the PITTSBURGH PARKING AUTHORITY
700 HARGROVE STREET, PITTSBURGH PA 15226 (412) 381-9400
This auction is a public auction of motor vehicles that have been impounded and gone unclaimed. The auction yard opens at 9:00 a.m. for viewing purposes and to enable bidders to obtain bidding cards. The auction starts at 10:00 a.m.
A valid state-issued identification card is required to sign up for a bidder's card. You will need a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) deposit, which will be refunded to you at the close of the auction. Acceptable forms of payment for purchases are cash, certified funds, and major credit cards.
PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
All vehicles are sold "AS IS - WHERE IS" - There are NO REFUNDS!
ALL WINNING BIDS ARE BINDING – IF YOU BID ON IT, YOU BUY IT
You will not be able to start the vehicles during this viewing period. There may or may not be keys for the vehicle. No vehicle is represented, guaranteed or warranted to be in operable or road-worthy condition. Again, all vehicles are sold “AS IS-WHERE IS.”
The vehicles vary with regard to value and condition. The vehicle you purchase will need to be TOWED from the impound lot. There will not be a registration issued to you. The auction staff will give you a bill of sale. In addition, within approximately twenty (20) days of the auction, you will be provided with a Court Order that you must submit with other required paperwork to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV makes the decision whether or not you can obtain a title and registration for the vehicle.
Nobody under 18 years of age will be allowed in the yard before, during or after the
auction. Children are not to be left unattended in vehicles outside the auction yard.
Auctions are held on the final Wednesday of every month.
VEHICLE SALE PRICE FEE VEHICLE SALE PRICE FEE
$0 – 99.99 $40.00 $1,200 – 1,399.99 $250.00
$100 – 199.99 $70.00 $1,400 – 1,599.99 $275.00
$200 – 299.99 $100.00 $1,600 – 1,799.99 $300.00
$300 – 399.99 $100.00 $1,800 – 1,999.99 $335.00
$400 – 499.99 $125.00 $2,000 – 2,499.99 $350.00
$500 – 599.99 $135.00 $2,500 – 2,999.99 $400.00
$600 – 699.99 $150.00 $3,000 – 4,999.99 $475.00
$700 – 799.99 $165.00 $5,000 – 7,499.99 $550.00
$800 – 899.99 $180.00 $7,500 – 9,999.99 $650.00
$900 – 999.99 $210.00 $10,000 – 14,999.99 $700.00
$1,000 – 1,199.99 $225.00 $15,000 – UP 7.00%
ALL TOW TRUCK OPERATORS MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND CURRENT PROOF OF INSURANCE TO REMOVE VEHICLES FROM THE IMPOUND LOT – NO EXCEPTIONS
TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE ATTENDING A VEHICLE AUCTION
I, the undersigned, in consideration of being permitted to register with, bid on and/ or purchase vehicles at Pittsburgh Parking Authority and/ or McGann & Chester, LLC auction, have read, understand, agree to and accept the following:
1. All vehicles are sold "AS IS - WHERE IS." No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied.
2. NO TEMPORARY LICENSE TAGS will be issued. All vehicles are sold as “tow-aways” and without any temporary registration. If you buy a vehicle, you are responsible for having the vehicle removed from the auction lot.
3. The $100.00 cash deposit is a "good faith" (refundable) deposit assuring that you will pay for the vehicle(s) that you purchase in the bid process. Though payment in full is due at the end of the sale, you may be ordered to pay for your purchase(s) at any time in the course of the sale by either auction personnel or a representative of the seller. All vehicles must be paid for immediately after you are declared the winning bidder. If you fail to pay for the vehicle(s) you purchased in the bid process, that is a breach of contract and you will forfeit your $100.00 cash deposit.
4. Keep your bidder number and deposit receipt. If you do not buy a vehicle and you wish to leave, you must return your bidder number and deposit receipt to the auction clerks in order to collect your cash deposit. When you return your bidder number, the clerks will request your ID, and it must be the same ID as the person who registered. If you forget your deposit, a check will have to be requested and may take up to 6 weeks to process. You will then be required to pick up said check in person and sign for same at the office of McGann & Chester, LLC, so please remember to retrieve your deposit.
5. Cash or bank-certified funds in the exact amount due (payable to McGANN & CHESTER, LLC) are accepted. Major credit cards will also be accepted. You will not have time to retrieve funds on the date of sale, so please be prepared to pay for your purchases immediately.
6. No person under the age of 18 may be present in the auction yard.
7. Please be aware that all vehicles are towed into the impound lot and very few come equipped with keys. Keys found within any vehicle are not guaranteed to fit the ignition, door and/or the trunk of the vehicle from which they were pulled. The auctioneer will announce at the time of sale if a set of keys has been found in a vehicle. The “K” circled on the windshield of a vehicle means that keys have been found or made. You will receive the key or keys when you pay for the vehicle. This is for informational purposes only and is not a guarantee that the vehicle will start or that the vehicle will run or move. Remember, all vehicles are sold "AS IS - WHERE IS" with no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied.
8. A Bill of Sale and other supporting documents for the sale of a vehicle will be issued at the auction. In addition, a Court Order permitting title to be vested in the buyer will be issued at a later date. Thereafter, acquisition of title is between the buyer and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Title is not guaranteed on any vehicle sold. You must apply for title.
9. Duplicates for lost paperwork for abandoned/confiscated vehicles are available at a cost of $25.00.
10. Sellers reserve the right to ACCEPT or REJECT any or all bids.
11. Purchased vehicles must be removed from the lot by 6 pm on the day of sale – NO EXCEPTIONS! Any vehicles left in the auction yard will be subject to added storage fees, and all related charges will be assessed against the vehicle.
12. All items found within the vehicle are the property of the buyer. The buyer assumes complete responsibility for the vehicle and its contents immediately upon the auctioneer saying, "SOLD."
13. Vehicles purchased at this auction shall be TOWED from the auction yard unless the buyer has a dealer's plate attached to the vehicle. No mechanical work whatsoever is to be done in the sale lot. You may remove vehicles prior to the end of the sale if you do not disrupt the auction process.
14. This auction takes place outdoors in all weather conditions on a dirt and gravel lot, which can be very muddy, snowy, slippery, rainy, hot, and otherwise' subject to severe weather. This is a vehicle auction and there are many tow trucks and vehicles moving around the lot. Please be extremely careful and aware of what is going on around you for everyone's safety. Persons attending during exhibition, auction or removal of vehicles assume all risks of damage or loss to person and/or property, and specifically release McGann & Chester, LLC and/or the Pittsburgh Parking Authority and their agents, servants and employees by reason of a defect in or condition of the premises on which the auction is held.
15. In the event of any dispute over the validity of this agreement, that dispute shall be decided in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I sign and accept these Terms and Conditions on the date written below, and I Intend to become legally obligated thereby.
Date: __________________________ Bidder: ______________________________________
ID Number: ___________________________________